Every year, the number of email users is increasing at an alarming rate. By the end of 2022, it is expected to have more than 4.2 billion users. These numbers show that email marketing reaches potential customers who are essential to getting the most out of marketing, except for the fact that email remains one of the preferred tools of business communication. here are some very effective email marketing strategies to do,
Given that more than 293 billion emails are sent daily, it is inevitable to ask this question. How can you make your business stand out from the crowd and generate more sales through higher open and clickthrough rates in a bunch of emails?
1. Get Personal – But Have Your Boundaries
There is no doubt that personalizing email is a great tactic that has proven to bring amazing benefits to email campaigns. According to Invest, personalized promotional mailing has a 29% higher unique open rate and a 41% higher unique click-through rate than non-personalized promotional mailing. The benefits are even greater. According to an Epson survey, 80% of customers are likely to buy from brands that offer a personalized experience.
Getting used to interacting with customers is great, but you need to be careful not to cross boundaries. Excessive use of the name can only look strange to the customer and damage their reputation.
In a YouGov survey, 32% of participants said they didn’t like personalized messages because they felt they were invading their privacy, and 29% said they didn’t like personalized messages when marketers used their names in emails. I mentioned irrelevance as the biggest reason I dislike it.
This is where good customer data can be very helpful. Another possibility of personalization is the use of common user data, such as date of birth.
According to an Experian survey, birthday emails earn 342% more per email, 179% higher CTR, and 481% higher transaction rates than promotional emails. That sounds like a good reason to include personalized email in your email marketing strategy, doesn’t it?
Keep in mind, however, that personalization does more than just mention each customer’s name in the email. There are many other ways to do this, and it’s up to you to test and see which option works best for your mailing list.
2. Keep Your Subject Lines Short
Forty-seven percent of email recipients open emails based solely on the subject, and 22% are more likely to open personalized emails. This shows that the subject is very important to the success of your email marketing campaign. However, statistics show that you need to pay attention not only to the content but also to the number of characters used. The 610-word email subject has the highest open rate. Another statistic that makes you worthy is that urgent and monopolistic subjects give you a 22% higher open rate.
What looks like a simple one-liner can take a long time to create the right. The subject line can affect or hinder the success of your campaign. So, the next time you create it, keep in mind that the less information you talk about, the more likely your campaign will be successful.
3. Pick the Right Time for Email Sending
Timing is everything when it comes to success rates for email campaigns. You certainly want to improve your open and click-through rates, so you need to focus on choosing your time wisely. Another reason is that loyal users may want to interact with your content (such as sharing it with friends or on social media). With that in mind, you need to use all the tools available to determine the best timing for her.
Nothing can be sent at any time. Also, a big factor to consider here is the type of business you own. This is a chart to help you find the best timing for your type of transaction:
On average, 51% of companies are currently using automation, which is not surprising. Many marketing automation tools can help you run advanced multivariate tests to find the ideal timing for messaging your users. In return, your company saves a lot of time and resources, allowing you to focus on key aspects of your email marketing strategy.
Tools like this can be used to integrate AI deployments. This means that the automation software itself learns the viewer’s empathy by tracking the viewer’s behavior. It takes time (from the moment the user enters the mailing list) to intelligently determine when the user is most likely to interact with the app based on past behavior. As a result, users will receive your message at the ideal moment. This type of email optimization can save you from investing time and resources in the wrong email marketing strategy.
4. Give Away Freebies
Freebies can not only significantly increase the number of subscribers, but also increase their income. You may be skeptical about why you should give out something for free, but many subscribers enjoy this type of promotional content and are willing to provide their email addresses in return. Freebies such as templates and tools are the most popular, with CTR ranging from 26% to 66%.
However, there are rules that you must follow as long as you want to keep growing your mailing list. In other words, it means the CANSPAM Act (control of assault of unclaimed pornography and marketing law). According to the CANSPAM Act, emails must include the relevant subject when sending, finally the commercial email address, and all email unsubscribe options without exception.
Therefore, even if a subscriber provides an email address in exchange for a gift, it must comply with the law, not only for legal implications but most importantly, to build trust between the brand and the customer. I have. One marketing strategy you have your sleeves!
5. Send Mobile-Friendly Emails
Imagine sending an email that looks so good. However, the moment I open it on my mobile phone, the image is not displayed and the design looks bad. As a result, subscribers can no longer interact. This situation can have a serious impact on the success of the campaign.
Here are some simple design tips to help your marketing strategy avoid subscriber disgust:
- Compose a single-column email
- Center important text
- Prepare a summon button that is easy to tap
- Use a larger font size
- Display a small image
Eighty percent of Internet users own mobile phones, and this number is expected to increase year by year. That’s why you shouldn’t leave your email marketing strategy without a mobile-friendly design. Make sure your subscribers are always sending high-quality emails, regardless of where they receive the email.
6. Segment Your Subscribers
By segmenting your mailing list, you can communicate directly and intelligently to your users. It provides them with the right information at the right time. If you do it right, the results are certain. In a survey of marketing campaign segmentation strength, Optimove found that audiences with up to 150 customers showed an increase of at least $ 1.90 per customer. In the group with more than 1,500 people, the increase was the highest at $ 0.90. This shows that the smaller the group, the wider the range of campaign results.
According to Lyris’ Annual Email Optimizer Report, companies using email segmentation increased their revenue by 24%. Subscribers want to receive content related to their likes and dislikes. This provides a seamless customer experience. With that in mind, it’s important to properly segment your list to maximize engagement.
Table with the results of an email list segmentation research
Some quick and easy segmentation strategies to help you in the process:
- Segmentation of demographic data –One of the basic ways to segment a list is to segment it by demographic (gender, age, location, income level, company location, etc.). If you are a clothing retailer, knowing the gender of your customer is important information. On the other hand, for B2B software developers, demographics such as company status are very valuable.
- Segmentation on email engagement – This may sound simple, but it has a big impact on the overall result. The most important key numbers here are open and clickthrough rates. You can use this type of segmentation to distinguish between active and inactive users (for example, users who haven’t opened an email for 90 days). After creating this segment, you can target inactive users by creating a special reactivation campaign.
- Segmentation on past purchases –This is another simple and effective way to fine-tune your targeting. You can start sending similar purchase recommendations to those users. Suppose someone buys a hair care product from your website. You can make informed guesses about when this product will run out and send an email proactively suggesting a backorder to the same user.
- Segmentation of the position in the sales funnel –A valuable way to customize messaging is to segment users by location in the sales funnel. The important thing is that you can’t target users at the bottom of the goal-achieving process with the same messages as users at the top. If they are at the bottom (a group of brand new subscribers), consider sending a more general message that offers a variety of products and features. However, if they’re already signed up and you’re already working with your content, use that information to see what they’re interested in and target them more specifically. can do.
7. Re-engage with Inactive Customers
If you don’t work hard to send compelling and relevant information, you’ll lose about a quarter of your subscribers each year. The decline of mailing lists is unavoidable, but it can be prevented to some extent. So how do you keep your subscribers active? So how do you reactivate an inactive subscriber?
Before you do this, you need to define what inactivity means to you:
- How long is inactivity for you? In particular, are you inactive for 3, 6, or 9 months? Think about a subscriber no longer running that meets the inactivity criteria. Did you log in frequently or buy anything last month?
- Think about all the actions that the subscriber takes or does not perform that meet the inactivity criteria. For example, many companies try to interact with their subscribers as much as possible. This makes them send too many emails and subscribers find them irrelevant. Also, don’t underestimate the power of good email design. If the email is user-friendly and not mobile-friendly, the email may be marked as spam, deleted, or not opened at all. When it comes to the right strategy, you need to answer the above questions. That way, you can focus on creating your re-engagement campaign. There are many creative ways to perform Winback. Some people choose the “we miss you” campaign, discounts, promo codes, or both. Winback actions are often not that simple. However, keep in mind that companies investing in reactivation campaigns in email marketing will see $ 28.50 in revenue for every $ 1 spent. This means that it is cheaper to get back inactive subscribers than to get new subscribers. Whatever your strategy, you may be sending a certain number of emails and your subscribers will not come back. In this case, it’s best to ask them their email address and preferences. Let them decide if they want to keep receiving your email. Regardless of your strategy, a clean email list is better for successful email marketing than wasting resources on non-returning subscribers.
The most effective way to find the right one for your business is to constantly test your email campaigns. This avoids typos, errors, bounces, and other issues that you might have prevented if you sent a test email before the official email.
It’s also important to note that testing shouldn’t be done occasionally and is always on the go. Testing different variations of the same email campaign can give you a lot of information about how your subscribers are responding. Find out what’s working and what needs to be improved in the next campaign. Email marketing has become a challenging and exciting process because there are so many opportunities for growth and success. This is a great foundation for developing well-planned strategies that, when done correctly, can lead to increased sales. You can differentiate yourself from your competitors by putting a lot of effort into communicating with your subscribers and becoming a loyal customer